Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunshine

Help!

Today the bad weather of the last weeks has changed. The sun is out so don't forget your sunblock! I'm wearing a factor 50 today, because I love my skin color and you can't be carefull enough. In fact, at this point of the year, I feel like the sun burns harder than in summer (don't know if this is actually true).
But, the warm weather invites insects to wake up, fly around and bite people. Therefor I'm giving you heads up about a tip I've got from an old (probally wise) woman. It's called lemon balm. It's a plant that smells like citron and it can grow allmost everywhere (it doesn't need that much light, care, .. it's almost like a weed). And it survives very well over winter. It actually looks a lot like mint. 
And I think that the best part of it is that it keeps the mosquitoes away! Love it! Because the citron-smell, it disturbs the system that mosquitoes use to smell us. So no more itchy, ugly bites. So what do you do? You just put one in your garden, to keep those mosquitoes out of your place. Occasionally you walk through it or you take one of the leaves and just rub it on you (just your hands will do). That way you will be redeemed from those damn mosquito bites!
It also can be very tasty with fish and you can make tea with it. But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment